Pages

The most stable relationship I've ever had.

I had a bad day.

Nothing exceptionally traumatic happened, it was just simply one of those days where I rush home in a blur of constant bitch face, counting down the seconds before I can rip my clothes off, eat too much ice-cream and watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey.


(It's cute that you thought I was kidding)

But no matter how bad my day was, I can always count on one shining star. One person who no matter how much everybody else thinks I suck, loves me relentlessly. My little Dominican Dynamo, my Hot Tamale.... my Bodega guy.

He has seen me at my worst. Whether it's after a long day of pointless work and even more pointless exams, or stumbling in with a skirt as long as a snickers bar, smelling of gin and regret, heels the size of a small child, yet he still loves me.  He still tells me I'm beautiful as he crams my 23 bags of chips into a shopping bag, he still asks about my nonexistent modeling career as he hands me my $6 "wine product", he constantly asks where my boyfriend is as he ignores the fact this is my second pint of ice-cream in three days and he has even met my mother.

Nothing can destroy our love. The other day he even defended my honor by yelling at a 12 year old for calling me Snow White...I thought I died and went to heaven. I hope one day you find a love like ours but until then I hope this little tale of love, lust and the blending of races gives you hope in your quest.

I think I'm chocolate wasted.







2 comments:

  1. Love ben & jerrys :)

    Followed you on bloglovin :) Follow mine? closetsnaps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading this post but am confused as to who you're talking about lol. I thought it was your boyfriend but then you say he askes about your boyfriend? Huh? wha?? lol

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    P.s. So jealous you live in New York!!! I can't wait to visit there.

    ReplyDelete