Pages

Music Monday VII



In case you didn't realize, Music Monday's also come with a throwback picture now.

This weeks Music Monday comes with a theme, and what is that theme I hear you cry? My feel good jams. These are my cheesy, dancing in the car, singing in the shower bops. A lot of them are quite embarrassing and you know what? I don't even care.

Xanadu by Olivia Newton-John

Locomotion Kylie Minogue



Waterloo by ABBA

When I was a child one of my favourite albums was ABBA's Gold album. I am pretty sure I still know every word and in the word of the true love of my life Dave Grohl, "Who doesn't like ABBA?"

Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey

I'm going to be honest I completely forgot about this song until last year when friend of mine with a huge Mariah Carey obsession kept it on repeat. Sorry for sleeping on you Mariah, it wouldn't happen again, I can't escape you girl. 

The Impression That I Get by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones


I rediscovered this song in 2012, and in true fashion had it on repeat for about 3 months. I was in a really great little space at that time, so this song gets to keep it's spot on the nice list.

It's a Beautiful Day by Michael Buble

We have already established I love Michael Buble so I don't know why I'm even bothering to type anything here.

She's A Bad Mama Jama by Carl Carlton

I go through these weird hyperactive phases where I can't sit down or shut up and my annoying level is out of this world. One Sunday morning last summer I woke up fucking WIRED, while my exboyfriend was nursing his hangover begging me to shut up, I spent abut 3 hours moonwalking around my bedroom to this song. Fun fact. 

For Once In My Life by Stevie Wonder

To clarify, I am aware this isn't originally Stevie Wonder's song....with that being said...it is my favourite Stevie Wonder song so in my head it's his. Thank you very much.

Cool Rider by Michelle Pfeiffer

Firstly, Fuck Grease 2. Now that is out of the way....I used to have a friend who dated this guy who was typical leather with a motorcycle (ala' Justin Bobby) and we used to mercilessly mock her whenever she used to talk about him by singing this song with full dance routine  She loved that. 

Just Like Heaven by The Cure

I like to listen to this song while I'm doing any kind of errands because in my head it's the backing track of my very own rom com which makes walking to the bank that much more interesting. 

Walkin' On The Sun by Smash Mouth

Ok, before you judge me just go ahead and remember I was a child of the 90's, Smash Mouth was a fucking thing. So leave me alone.

Don't Get Me Wrong by Pretenders

Let's Dance by David Bowie

I'm a basic bitch which means my two favourite Bowie songs are Suffragette City and Let's Dance. I don't even care.

Head over Feet by Alanis Morissette
Remember how I said I was a child of the 90's? Well that is still true a few songs later, so I fuck with Alanis Morissette and have never felt older than when I was having a conversation with my coworker who was 20 and didn't know a single Alanis Morissette song. Disgusting. 

She's So Lovely by Scouting for Girls
 
 For Easter 2008 I got a signed poster from this band because my step-family were family friends with one of the guys. I had no idea who they were but their song had just gone to number one so I was like oh dope. Fast forward to a few years later I heard this song in Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging and it got stuck in my head for 3 weeks and after looking it up I realized, oh shit...that's the same band. 




No comments:

Post a Comment