Pages

Music Monday V



MM Throwback: Today I learned that puka shell necklaces are back with the kids, who knew we were over 10 years ahead of the trend? Also the fact that this was over 10 years ago makes me want to burrow into the earth a little.

She's Kerosene by The Interrupters


Bring it on Home to Me by Otis Redding and Carla Thomas 

The Sam Cooke version of this song has been on my favourite song list for many years now. Recently though, I've been really loving this version also, fuck me up horns. 

Weir by Killing Heidi

Killing Heidi makes me feel 6 years old again. That's all I really have to say about that.

Ain't That A Kick In The Head by Dean Martin 

I mean damn, it really is a kick in the head. 

Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Staton 


An ex-boyfriend of mine was weirdly obsessed with this song, because of that it never fails to remind me of walking around lower Manhattan at 3am when I was 18 years old while he drunkenly belted it out. 

Princess by Sonny


Next up on the ex-boyfriend throwbacks! This wasn't planned, my apologies. This song was playing when I met my most recent ex-boyfriend. It became our song because it was always in our heads because it played on a loop at my place of work. It's literally about a girl being the worst and treating her boyfriend like crap so we probably should have seen the cracks from the beginning!

Bringin' on the Heartbreak by Def Leppard 


Def Leppard always reminds me of a very particular time in my life in around 2002. It's one of my Mums favourite bands and I vividly remember her Winamp playlist having a lot of Def Leppard on it. Although this isn't her favourite song of theres, for some reason it's mine. 

She Talks to Angels by The Black Crowes



Brick by Ben Fold Five
I've spoken before about songs that just fuck me up. Add this one to the list. Even before I knew what it was about, just a few notes in and I would be drowning slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment