Pages

Music Monday X

I'm really struggling to remember what throwback pictures I've used for this so far...hopefully this hasn't been done before...I call it completely saturated on the side of Mt. Sunapee.


I've been on a severe Blink 182 kick this past week....I'm debating whether to just load this list with Blink songs...but I'll hold off...fun fact, I have met Mark Hoppus numerous times and every. single. time. he was wearing the exact same Mickey Mouse T-shirt...I'm convinced it's the only one he owns.



I have had this song in my head for three days...the worst part is that I couldn't remember the actual words, song title or artist...so yesterday in a fit of rage I sat there for 30 minutes googling "Da da da...da...da" "da, da, and everyone you knew" and then I remembered it was in Romy and Micheles High School Reunion and thankfully made the soundtrack.



One of the kids at my brothers concert performed this and guess what? In. my. head. ever. since. (My brother confirmed the other day that it's so easy to get songs stuck in my head and honestly...he isn't wrong!)



I love many different kinds of music but there is something in my uncool heart that loves a catchy pop song above anything else.



My brother and I watched EuroTrip the other day and ever since I can't get this damn chorus out of my dumb head. 



Do you know Prince originally wrote this song to be a collaboration . with Stevie Nicks? I learned that this past Saturday while googling the meaning of "Purple Rain"...fun facts.


I used to sing this song all the time during high school study hall while distracting my friend Nikkita from her work...it's fine she's a lawyer now so it obviously did her no harm!


I love a fuck you anthem.



Another song I rediscovered on my "So Fresh Best of '02" CD....I used to love this song....really cool and on-brand for 9 year old me.



Ok, That's ten...gotta go turn it on for a job interview now!


No comments:

Post a Comment