Pages

Music Monday IX







This past weekend while helping my family declutter the house I stumbled across some throwbacks. One of these was my old So Fresh Best of 2002 CD featuring this song. It was one of those instant throwbacks that immediately took me back to my childhood bedroom.


 

I'm almost positive I've spoken about my love for Shania Twain multiple times of these Music Mondays....BUT I completely forgot about this song until I randomly heard it the other day and it got stuck in my head the rest of the day. What a queen. 



Rod Stewart, still a Dude....Sorry Mum! He also featured in my dream the other night, no idea why, so it seemed fitting to include him!




This is one of my Dad's normal bops but while at a party last week the entire room sung it with gusto and then a few days later I woke up to my youngest brother BELTING it out in the shower....so again...seems fitting.



A. 90's. Australian. Classic.



I have certain songs that I classify as my true drunk classics. They are the songs I put on when I'm in peak turn the fuck up after drinking...usually while I'm getting ready for bed but still wanting to dance my little heart out....this is the newest addition to the list!



Shower jam.



What's my favourite movie? Forrest Gump. End Scene.



Michelle Branch is so nostalgic to me without being an artist I consciously every loved individually. I was never someone to keep up to date on her music yet so many of her songs somehow define my life from about 12-14 years old. This song feels like waking up on Saturday morning at my friend Alie's house, post sleepover with 4 of my closest friends, making breakfast while this song plays in the background, throwing on some shorts and a tank top and walking to the beach. Those days of wandering aimlessly around our small New Hampshire town eating candy and pizza are some of my fondest memories.






No comments:

Post a Comment