Pages

Sophomore than you'll ever be (No really that was our motto...)

In sticking with the theme of it not being Thursday....

I'm throwing it back again!

If you are wondering why I have been feeling so nostalgic recently you can blame that on my roommates and the fact that I have spent the last three days (THREE DAYS!) sitting around my apartment waiting for them to bring me rent. They are officially the king's of "I'll be there at 6!" before not appearing until 4am...and of course, they have forgotten the money at this point so I'm forced to wait around the following day....

Anyway this has left me with a lot of free time to kill....and thus a lot of roaming around on my computer...and thus lots of nostalgia.

This post specifically is brought to you by my Sophomore year of high school.

For some reason I have a lot of documentation of that period of my life...I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that we all needed lots of content to spice up our Myspace pages or the fact that there is something about being a boring highschooler that makes you want to take a picture of everything.



This photo was taken on the Boston Subway...wait that is not right?...what is the subway in Boston called again? Oh my god New York has ruined me! The T? That sounds right (Google confirmed this, thanks Goog). I'm not sure where exactly the glow sticks came from, but we stole the streamers from the Blue Man Group show we had just seen and the Fluro green sunglasses? well they seemed really cool at the time. 


I remember this night so well simply because of how much of a giant brat I was being. It was a Friday night which meant if you were looking for my friends and I, most likely were sleeping over at Alie's. On this particular night all of my friends suddenly became fascinated with taking pictures of themselves jumping on the trampoline....they did it for literally hours. Being the team player I wasn't, and being seriously bored by this venture, I sat there texting and complaining the whole time...obviously....really sometimes I am such a complete joy. 


Oh and then I gave up and went to sleep.


I have said it before and I will say it again...I have a really good memory.But every now and then I stumble upon something that honestly stumps me....this is one of those things. Well sort of. I remember exactly where we were (walking along Lower Main St, from the elementary to the high school) but that is all I have....Why were we walking along Lower Main St from the elementary school to the high school? Who is the blond head of hair in the corner? It's one of the great mysteries of our generation. 


Oh look my fluorescent green sunglasses are back...awesome. This picture was taken on the Brooklyn bridge, I think this was also the time of my life that I decided sticking my tongue out in pictures was a great idea, glad that period of my life is over...


Just kidding, it'll never be over...long live the tongue. 



This was taken on the docks one night after I had eaten about 45 pounds of Reeses Pieces and genuinely felt like I was going to die. Take notice of our matching friendship necklaces that my friend Erika (thug loving' in the middle) randomly found in her house one day and thus, we were bonded by birdie necklaces forever...well until we decided they probably weren't that cool and took them off. But of course, I still have mine in my memory box at my mums house because I'm a hoarder of nostalgia. 



This photo....well this photo is just a mess. Which I think genuinely sums up Sophomore year pretty well...#messlyf.



No comments:

Post a Comment