Pages

Iso-loser.



Good Evening Quarantiners,


Yesterday I worked out that I haven't been to work in 8 weeks. This is partially because I was in the hospital for a while, but I came right out of that hospital into isolation so I'm including it! I have really good days, where I get up and go for a walk, drink water and do things that make me feel accomplished, and I have some days where I do the exact opposite. On the bad days I sleep for way to long, order takeout and spend way too much money on the delivery fee and binge watch Vanderpump Rules. It's all about balance I guess, but man those bad days can mess with your mind! 

All in all though, I'm ready for some normality now! I'm very thankful to be living in Australia at this very point in time which means I've been able to continue to see a little bit of a paycheck ($750 a week) trickle in each week via the governments JobKeeper program. I'm also quite impressed with how the government has handled things in general, I know very little about the Australian political landscape but all in all I've felt we shut down just the right amount to keep things afloat, yet safe. Considering the devastating numbers popping up all over the globe, things have felt relatively normal here, just a little more lonely and thankfully we are now beginning the reopening phase.

Hopefully this means I'll be back at work next week, I'm sure I'll be missing isolation as soon as I'm a few weeks of work deep, but I'll let hindsight bite me in the butt with that one!


xxx

Some of the things keeping me sane?



ANZAC Biscuits! I made ANZAC biscuits this past Saturday after failing at them for the last however many years while living in the US (Why are you so Anti-Golden Syrup USA? Why?!?) They were as good as I remember.


The most intense paint by numbers I have ever seen! Weirdly therapeutic! I used to like painting because it was super calming but always struggled with what to actually paint, this really fills that void! Am I a paint by numbers convert? I'll let you know in a year when I probably haven't picked up a brush since!



Cross-stitching and Tiger King- I will say, I love when the world falls in a collective documentary pit because then I have so many people to talk to about it! Speaking of, watch McMillions on HBO!


 Nothing like getting all dressed up in your best party dress before realizing you have nowhere to go! 


And of course, puzzling! Notice that piece in the corner is missing? I'm still upset about it and almost positive one of my brothers or father have hidden it from me. It's fine, karma will get 'em! 


No comments:

Post a Comment