Pages

Mood: Locked Down



Greetings from the floor of my spare couch bedroom. Which is very aptly named as it is the room that has not a single thing in it except for a closet full of size 6 dresses I no longer fit in to, and a big ole, brand new couch.

The backstory behind this? When buying furniture for my new place last year I had ordered a couch online, but upon arrival one of the legs wouldn't screw in properly due to a welding error. I emailed the company and quickly received an email saying that my new item would be delivered in a few days. Fast forward those exact few days and I came home one evening to this...


Not the replacement leg I had expected, but multiple large boxes that miraculously housed a brand new sectional. I quickly flexed my arms in preparation to get this thing inside....by using said arms to call my little brother to come and do it! Not only did he bring the new one in, he also carried my other slightly less brand new sofa upstairs on his head, and dumped it in the aforementioned spare couch bedroom. A room which I use for a number of very useful things...like rolling around on the floor, and dying on the couch when I have drunkenly thrown up all over my own bed and need to get away from my poor decisions (Thankfully, this only happened once....but honestly one time was enough).

I always begin to decorate my spare bedrooms but then I remember that the borders are definitely not opening any time soon so the chances of me having long-term guests are very, very slim! 

Speaking of borders not being opened any time soon....in just 25 short minutes Brisbane will be out of lockdown after 8 long days (Sorry New South Wales, but 8 days felt a long time!) All we did during lockdown was sit on the couch and watch copious amounts of Olympic events. Skateboarding? Watched it. Speed Climbing? Watched it. We watched it all! 

I am truly thinking with the number of olympic events I watched I could definitely medal in any given sport at this point. Dan and I got so comically into the diving we were making calls as if we were Tom Daley in a previous life.

"Ohhhh bit low off the top...needs to tighten that up!"

"Oh wow, useless...his legs came apart in his pike..."

"Nope, fucked it, he's over rotated that one..."

 Honestly, it was like an episode of Olympics based Gogglebox (Sidenote: I fucking love Gogglebox) in the living room for the past 8 days so honestly, probably a good idea we are free in just a few short minutes in alignment with the end of the Olympics. 




Hip Hip Hooray, 5th lockdown in the bag! 5 is a good round number, here is hoping we love it and leave it here! *Probably jinxed it, bring on lockdown #6









 

No comments:

Post a Comment