Pages

Septembers over and we are wakin' up!





Hello my fellow fashion models. 

I call this photo, a slow burning breakdown. which I'm unhappy to report was my entire vibe for September 2024.

When I lived in the US, specifically when I was North-East based, October was my favourite month. The zapping heat had subsided, the trees had well and truly started to brown, pumpkins took over the world and the daunting gloom of a frigid winter hadn't entered the chat yet. So the moral of the story here is that I'm trying to pull a little of that October loving energy my way this year. My biggest priorities? The utter boycotting of overtime that has me chained to my computer through the weekends as this massively caught up with me in September. I work predominantly from home, which means it's quite easy to rack up the overtime hours but the last 7 months have really truly gotten out of hand. I work well into the evenings, roll into bed and get up to do it all over again. The weekends get easily lost to being overworked and I've got to sack up and start prioritizing my actual life before I completely crack in two.

October energy is out of the house and off the clock. It's Springtime so catch me in a field of flowers somewhere clicking my heels together and spinning round like an overly cheery lady in a tampon commercial. 

In an effort to start October off on a wave of positivity, please find a list below of my September favorites because I am truly nothing more than a 2009-Youtube-era-monthly-favourites-what's-in-my-bag type of gal.

Ranunculus.

                     


Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors (I'm really young, fun and cool)



Norman's morning puppy dog eyes.



The Moo Deng Live Stream that I check at least once a day (Sidenote: I cried my eyes out to a news report the other day that signed off with "just a little girl still new to the world and unaware of how much it adores her"  like full blown sobbing, reincarnate me as an oiled up, man biting, sassy fat hippo I beg you.)


Obsessively retraining my curls to ringlet once again after years and years of heat damage and abuse. It's definitely a work in progress and the irony of pining for them to return after many adolescent years spent hating them is not lost on me! Moral of the story: Kids are dumb and don't know anything.


That's it. Everything else was awful.

Come on October, I have faith in you.















 

No comments:

Post a Comment