Pages

Peaceful Easy Feeling





 This morning I cried twice.

Once at the finale of Desperate Housewives and once when Kevin Magnussen took pole position in Brazil.

That my friends, is called multi-faceted!

It's been a while, but I'm here for my 6 month life update.

Life is mostly the same. I was supposed to be on my way to the US right now for the first time in 3 years but alas, I'm currently at home, making a breakfast burrito and getting ready to redo my garden whilst my scruffy, dirt encrusted adventure pup is going to do everything in his power to stop me taking his precious long grass away. Well step aside honey because Mumma bought a lawn mower and she's ready to go! 

To be honest, post mow I will probably burn the back of my neck yanking weeds out in the hot November sun, before getting fed up around 2pm. This will give me enough time for a quick AC snooze, an episode of the Crown in the bathtub, a quick Norman walk, a dinner date at sAme sAme rounded off with a cocktail or two. Tomorrow I will wake up and go and meet my friends for a picnic and a catch up, before ending the day at my families place for famiy dinner and most importantly, my body weight in ham.

That's life kids. She's giving calm and serene and this is why I know I am going to peak in my 30's.

Catch me in my garden, growing things and walking my dog not a worry in the world (except for the extortionate airfare costs at the moment....those can go!)

Catch me sneaking in a little intermission shut eye


Catch me the happiest little clam in the car on the way home to bed at 10pm on Saturday


Catch me inviting my friends over at 4pm so we can get jolly in sweatpants, I can roll upstairs early to bed and wake up to left over red frogs as a clean up snack.



I think you get the point by now. We don't run anymore, we cruise. I never left that lockdown haze of breadmaking and puzzles, I moved right in and made myself at home. 

Now I have got to go I'm burning my burrito because some things don't change! 




No comments:

Post a Comment